Thursday, November 14, 2013

Microfinance and Other Finance

Photo: Eric Chenal
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa participated in a discussion entitled "The goal of microfinance: lifting the poor out of poverty or financial access for all?" of the European Microfinance Week 2013 by giving the opening speech today. The cour has a bunch of additional photos of the event.

In financial news of a different kind, Prince Max gave a comment about a book on family wealth management that will come out soon. I know that's not strictly news but as we hardly ever hear anything about him, I'm going to quote Prince Hans-Adam's second son anyway, "Investing with a long-term family perspective requires a deep understanding of both family and finance; Family Wealth Management addresses these two topics in a seamless fashion, providing a comprehensive reference and practical approach for families interested in preserving both lifestyle funds and legacy wealth through all types of investment environments."


Source: Ad Hoc News, CGD

4 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying your blog! I have a technical blog question, if you don't mind.


    There is no gallery in your post. But when you click on a photo in your post, it bring the photo up full sized in a "slideshow" of all the images in that post. How do you get it to do that? I've been looking all over for the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, thanks a lot!


    I totally get what you mean and have actually wondered before why it happens on our blog but not on others but I can't tell you the reasons for it. As long as I can remember, it has always been this way. I also don't think anyone ever did anything special to have the 'slideshow' instead of the picture opening individually on a new page.


    If I come across the answer, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the mysteries of Wordpress. I did finally figure out that it's possibly called a light box. I'm glad it's on your blog, though, so we can get a nice close up of all the jewels. :) Thanks for answering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog provide to us such unique and useful information about finance

    Thanks for sharing............Financial Planner Certification

    ReplyDelete