Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Royally Speaking with Stefan of Royal Travel and Events

Guess what, summer (on this side of the globe at least) has kicked in. Not only the weather around my longi- and latitude shows that it is summertime but also the lack of Luxarazzi news. To keep both you and us entertained, we thought we'd introduce you to some of our favourite royal bloggers (in no particular order) via a few questions we asked them to answer. Breaking the ground is Stefan of Royal Travel and Events.

For your blog you regularly cover German royal and noble weddings and occasionally birthdays and funerals. Is such a major event also your first royal memory or how did you get interested in royalty?
My interest in Royals started in 1988 after Princess Beatrice was born and not much later there was the big wedding of Duchess Mathilde of Württemberg with Hereditary Count Erich of Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg which took place in Altshausen not very far from where I live and therefore got much coverage in the local press here.

Personally, I am always impressed by your skills to recognise lesser known royals. Do you recall how many royal and noble weddings you have been to? Is there one - wedding or royal - that has especially stayed in your memory for whatever reason?
The first wedding I went to was the wedding of Duchess Fleur of Württemberg and Count Moritz of Goess in 2003. After that one I have been to many weddings; I don't know how many it were, probably somewhere between 15 and 20. I particularly like the smaller German weddings like the one of Prince Ludwig zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and Countess Philippa Spanocchi or Prince Heinrich XXIV Reuß and Countess Dorothea zu Castell-Castell as one can come closer and see much more than at the big weddings.

Photo: Stefan / Royal Travel & Events
Almost two years ago you also were in Luxembourg for the wedding of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie. How did you experience their wedding and the celebrations surrounding it?
It was a wonderful experience. Of course there were so many people and onlookers that it was difficult to see much but on the other hand I met so many other Royal Watchers and people who share the same interest as me. And I think I have never before seen so many royals and nobles than at this wedding.

Turning to the other aspect of your blog, royal travels, which is your favourite castle and which ones are on your bucket list to see in the future?
Generally I like the castles where noble families still live as I find it more interesting when it is still inhabited instead of a museum. Two castles I like very much are Schloss Zeil, which is the residence of the Fürst and Fürstin of Waldburg zu Zeil and Trauchburg, and Schloss Neuenstein, the residence of the Princely Family zu Hohenlohe-Oehringen.

Lastly if you could invite six royals (dead or alive) to a dinner party, which ones would find an invitation in their mailbox?
Difficiult question. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, the late Archduke Otto of Austria, the Duke of Edinburgh, my last King Wilhelm II of Württemberg, the Empress Friedrich and Queen Sofia of Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment